- Adult Participation!: This is an Adult Participation Class. Children must be accompanied by a participating and singing adult. At Jon's School of Music, we are a band, and we're trying to make great music. We will need everyone's attention and energies to do so. We're all musicians in the band, and the adults are models for how we want the children to participate in it. When the adults are all enthusiastically engaged in the music making, the children will eventually follow suit. I will be entreating you to sing and participate in the class if you're not doing so, repeatedly if necessary. Please do realize this coming into the class, and please be ready and willing to do so.
- Health and Instrument Protection: Please protect children and instruments from careless behavior by the children. At first they will have no idea that the instruments must be handled safely, or what that means. Please keep a lookout and intercede immediately if you see unsafe behavior.
- Oral Explorations: For health reasons and and instrument care, we're working towards not putting instruments, toys, or fingers in our mouths. I realize that many children won't be able to stop themselves at first, or even ever, but we must let them know that that is what we're working towards. Please do go through the motions of stopping them especially the very first times they attempt oral exploration in the class. This will let them (and everyone watching them) know right away that the classroom is a special place where new rules about oral exploration apply. I will gently ask them to stop as well, and hopefully at some point we will have some success in keeping the instruments relatively sterile and free of harmful moisture. Please remember, I don't expect full compliance, but I do expect to begin working towards it right away. And if your child is putting their fingers or instruments or toys in their mouths, please ask for a paper towel to dry fingers and things off as soon as possible. And thanks for your help with this, I know it's no fun!
- Please bring no toys, food or beverages to the class.
- Guests: This class is for one adult and one child only! A guest adult can come as a child's one adult. Please have guest adults read and agree to the policies of the class before they agree to attend.
- Please bring no child or adult guests without prior permission.
- Receiving the $15 discount for continuing students signing up early: In order to receive the $15 discount you must be a currently enrolled student, and get your tuition in 4 weeks before the first class of the new session. If you need more time, please let me know that you definitely want the spot, and I can extend the deadline.
Video and Photo Policies: For the purposes of this class, video and photo images will sometimes
be taken. Please let me know if you have a problem with this,
and I will keep it to a minimum, or suspend it. I won't post
any video of your recognizable images without permission. You're
welcome to bring cameras, but at some point you may be asked to stop
using them if I for any reason I think it's in the best interest of the class.
- Makeups are possible during the quarter in which you are enrolled only (no limits as long as there's space in other classes).
very much for your attention to these class policies and strategies!